The products covered by this warranty are YOUR property. Upon expiration of the specific limited warranties provided herein, repair of the equipment will be your responsibility. You will be charged for any repairs not covered by this limited warranty. These product warranties apply from the date of installation, except that no product warranty will be in force if purchaser shall have failed to pay the entire agreed-upon purchase price. When due strictly according to the terms of the contract between the parties.
Your awning/screen has been designed and manufactured to provide a high level of trouble free performance. Accent Awnings & Shades of Las Vegas LLC, (“Accent”) believes in the experienced craftsmanship that goes into every one of its sun control products and is pleased to offer this Warranty. We suggest that you read it thoroughly. Should you have any questions, please contact your Accent Dealer or the Accent Service Department. Warranty claims do not extend the warranty term. Warranty registration is not required for warranty coverage.
Product Category And For How Long It Is Covered:
Materials and General Workmanship
- All awning and shade fabric, motors and thread are covered for 3 years.
- Retractable patio awning arms are covered for 5 years.
- Retractable window awning arms are covered for 5 years.
- All awning and shade installations are covered for 1 year.
- All awning and shade electronics are covered for 1 year.
What is Covered
All awnings manufactured after 2011 have a Three (3) year thread warranty. The product warranty covers all defects in materials during the warranty period (specified above, except as otherwise limited herein). Factory workmanship is warranted for a period of two years. In the event field service is required, the field labor and expense will be provided free of charge for a period of two years from date of purchase, if the product is returned to the factory for repair within the warranty period it must be sent transportation prepaid. “Accent” will fix the equipment or parts, or replace them, at its option. If we choose to replace the equipment or parts we may replace it with reconditioned or equivalent items similar in type and quality. Sunbrella acrylic fabrics are warranted against excessive fading, mildew, or rot. Other fabrics carry the express written warranties of their manufacturer. Powder coating is warranted for one (1) year against excessive peeling or rust.
What is NOT COVERED
- Damage caused by accident, negligence, water pooling, misuse, abuse, alteration, failure to follow instructions, improper operation, civil disorder, windstorm, rainstorm, fire, flood, earthquakes, and other acts of God, or failure to provide a reasonable degree of maintenance, or any other condition over which Accent has no control.
- Damage resulting from repair or attempted repair by someone other than an authorized service representative.
- Holes in the fabric caused by mildew. Mildew may form on the fabric if it is not maintained in a clean condition.
- Minor color changes in the fabric due to ultraviolet rays.
- The cost of loss of time, loss of use, or any consequential or incidental damages, or outside labor.
- Damage/deterioration to any fabric or valance caused by its application or utilization in a contiguous manner.
- After one (1) year, the travel time and site labor to repair products in the field. (I.e. the Service Call labor).
- Damage due to wind when attempting to use your patio, box or drop shade as a wind barrier.
What is LIMITED
- Valance and Binding: Since valances and valance bindings are more subject to fraying as the result of their greater Potential for interaction with their environment, the warranty is limited to one (1) Year.
- The electrical hook-up, if done by Accent, carries a warranty limited to two (2) years.
What We Will Pay For
We will pay for all factory labor and materials required to repair or replace items during the warranty period.
State Law Rights
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warrant lasts and/or do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential or incidental damages, so the above exclusions or limitations may not apply to you.
THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE